Friday, April 24, 2009

What an Idea Sirjee!!!

Recently there is an innovative marketing blitz going on in advertisement by Idea. They are giving away the personal mobile numbers of the IPL Team members, so that the lesser mortals like us can give our advice or shower our adulation on the so called idols. So When I saw sachin's number on the screen I could not resist but give a call to the legend himself.

And with great excitement and anticipation I decided to call.........

My call number 1
I got the number around late evening .Cant deny that there was a sense of nervousness but some how I dialled the number. ..but again saw the time, on second thoughts I just cut the call.
It was not approriate to call him at that time of the day(rather night ...) right ?

My call number 2
April 24th, Sachins Bday , so I thought might as well wish him and give him some free advice too , this time a bit more confident ....the number got through ..

"Mein sachin bol raha hoon, mein ab apka call nahi le sakta kyon ki mein fielding practice mein busy hoon"

Gosh ...I just heard Sachin himself ...so what it was just a prerecorded voice message. Could not help but admire this man's dedication.Now how many people will slog out even on thier Bday's.

My call number 3
Now the nervousness was replaced with frustration of not being able to speak to him personally
This time dialled the number with the confidence as if I was calling one of my "4 am" buddies. I called around 5 am in the morning thinking I will wake him up for his fielding practice. But again got to hear the same message. Fielding practice you know.....

The calls continued and each time my frustration grew..Once I called him while he was batting during one of the matches. I was considerate enough to call when he was at the non-strikers end. But still got the damn message ... busy with fielding practice .!!

Nevertheless am still hopefull...

As I write this I got a message on my cell reminding of my my pending bill payment.

What an Idea sirjee!!!



3 comments:

  1. Hmmm....maybe you shud try calling Zaheer or Bhajji..they might pick your call or atleast you get to hear a nicer message...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure you could try and pluck one of them...Probably me would try after that......

    ReplyDelete